Recent comments

8 hours ago

apt

No other artist resonated with me on such a level. Thank you Mr. Siinamota.

13 hours ago

snovvv

@andreoda

yeah they are the same person behind. He did this because he felt that the music works released under the name NGC 3.14 are not satisfying. Aika was originally a side-project of NGC. Most songs released under NGC was deleted and some of them would be rebuilt and released by AIKA in a new style. The soundcloud of NGC is no longer active.
details here (twitter): https://twitter.com/aikamusics/status/1166520429638377473

21 hours ago

andreoda

@snovvv

ok, so both are the same person? Then why are they seperated. They should get merged.

29 hours ago

snovvv

It was actually the first time he upload a song under his two names. I guess it was for promoting AIKA as NGC 3.14. At that time NGC 3.14 was more famous than AIKA.

Forsaken

NGC 3.14, AIKA feat. 猫村いろは V4 (Unknown)
21 hours ago

andreoda

@syrupfreak

of course we can but no need to scream in your report ^^
It would be nice if you can prove to make sure.

36 hours ago

syrupfreak

Hiiii is there a way y’all can take this down? I really do not want to remember my old stuff anymore I’m cringing hard pls aaaa
I can prove it’s me with ID and stuff if you need

37 hours ago

Mikuo_Leeksune002

Fantastic game! With wonderful OST.

2 days ago

andreoda

@littlereshi

yeah, you are right, sounds good then.

2 days ago

littlereshi

@andreoda

I think cleaning the title would just be more efficient. In the original titles, the episode name is bracketed and distinguished. And if Mikuwiki lists them that way too, I think it should be fine.

2 days ago

riipah

Mikuwiki seems to have only episode title?

2 days ago

andreoda

@littlereshi

adding them as a series sounds good but I don't know about changing the title.

3 days ago

littlereshi

Wondering if these Magical Kamato songs should be considered a series, and the title field be cleaned to just include the Episode title. Thoughts?

鬼の居ぬ間に

羽生まゐご feat. 初音ミク
2 days ago

ayuumii

Ooooh that explains it. Thank you!

2 days ago

riipah

They seem to be all "community" videos. Notice the URL doesn't have "sm" prefix. Nico had some weird video types before. Maybe they stopped supporting it? Even the API doesn't return anything anymore. But if you google with the title, you may be able to find the videos on Nico Nico and replace them with "normal" videos, if they exist.

2 days ago

ayuumii

Something weird is going on with this song. I can see the thumbnail and play button in the embed like normal, but when I click on the embed it says watch from Niconico. When I go there it's privated. But I can watch the video on Nicofinder as if it's not: https://nicofinder.net/watch/1325403244. Weird glitch or just my computer?
Edit: same thing with these two entries: https://vocadb.net/S/125980; https://vocadb.net/S/126258

Q.E.D

律 feat. 巡音ルカ
2 days ago

riipah

You can add Citrus☆ series tag if you want.

2 days ago

Catgirl_Frostmoon

Daisekai's RAD has Rin, Gumi, Len, Kanon, Fukase, Kyo, and Mayu, but they've only made 2 songs with them so we probably don't need to tag it.

VocaLeigh's Citrus☆ has Mirai Komachi, anon, kanon, Kizuna Akari, SeeU, Gumi, and unitychan!, but she generally doesn't use all of them together; instead, her Citrus☆ playlist counts any cover where she uses one of them. Going by the playlist, there're 15 songs. If we only count ones with more than 1 Vocaloid, there're 9 songs.

3 days ago

riipah

Who belongs in those groups and how many songs they have?

3 days ago

Catgirl_Frostmoon

Uhm, okay. Daisekai and VocaLeigh both have their own named Vocaloid groups as well (RAD and Citrus☆, respectively). Should I create a tag for their groupings, too? Or would it be best to just...not do so? XD

3 days ago

andreoda

@Shiroizu

That's true. "art lyric PV" is better then. I can not think of any other name for now.
Anyway, if it is created, a good desciption of the tag is necessary.

3 days ago

Shiroizu

@andreoda - It would be a little bit misleading if the tag purpose was for "artsy" lyric PVs.

3 days ago

andreoda

or something like "lyrics in PV"

4 days ago

Shiroizu

@WintermintP - I think there has been a misunderstanding. For these tags it doesn't matter whether the PV lyrics are in subtitle format or in more prominent form. Not sure about the what to call it, but a tag for categorizing "art lyric PV"s might be a good idea.

5 days ago

WintermintP

@Shiroizu I shouldn't be plugging my own stuff on the matter but... this is the first thing that comes to mind. https://vocadb.net/S/288909 It's actually a lyric video, and not so much a subtitled video.

WintermintP

6 days ago

Shiroizu

@WintermintP - Sorry but I don't really understand your comment.

Do you have any realistic examples where "lyrics in PV" tag might be useful?

6 days ago

WintermintP

@Shiroizu Let's break all this down shall we...

1) Not relevant

That might be how one views it, but not the case for others, this is rather subjective.

2) Not useful, since majority of the songs have lyrics in the PV

Not true at all. This might pertain to Japanese songs, sure, but I know for a fact that most English songs don't even have a video to go along with it or only have an audio visualiser. Some videos have added subtitles from another person editing the original video while others are actual lyric videos. But very few English songs even have videos.

Also another case in point to further debunk, none of the Magical Mirai or Miku Expo contest entries have any videos, because that's against the contest rules.

3) Not practical, a proper tag coverage would mean having the tag on ~75% of the song entries with PVs (= 150 000 entries)

But then you could argue the same about "electric guitar" or "guitar solo", especially in the latter's case virtually all my band's songs have guitar solos, but there are still some outliers. Just because the majority of the songs pertain to a tag it doesn't mean it's redundant.

To add to that, only three tracks that I've written thus far has no "electric guitar" but then in the recent material my band and I had moved on to 8 and 9-string guitars, which are whole other instruments of their own and people in the guitar community don't exactly count it as an "electric guitar" because they are played and tuned in a completely different manner, especially the 9-string guitar which does not even have a tuning that most guitarists agree on, which means more than one 9-string guitar band using identical tunings is a very rare sight.

4) Not really useful

Again, see my counterarguments for (2) and (3)

I for one must strongly say that the "lyrics in PV" tag has to stay. Either that, or a new "lyric video" tag should come up.

WintermintP

8 days ago

Catgirl_Frostmoon

:D

9 days ago

Shiroizu

@Catgirl_Frostmoon - I updated the description and changed the name to "entry missing lyrics".

Currently, there are 1182 (~50%) song entries with the tag with some lyrics added. I think those tags could be removed with the API though.

10 days ago

Catgirl_Frostmoon

@ayuumii It's super frustrating. :/ Just a big screw you to any translators and deaf people.

Aaaanyways, it looks like we're all in favour of changing (or outright remaking) the Lyrics in PV tag to only songs without written lyrics, right?

4 days ago

ssm010296

I know the Anime of the Doraemon Ending series a lot of them...

THE GIFT

Auto Accompaniment Styles feat. 平井 大
4 days ago

VocalNexus

@riipah it works! thank you

5 days ago

riipah

Ok I made a change that hopefully fixes it. Let me know if it still happens, and remember to note the exact time.

5 days ago

riipah

Today?

5 days ago

VocalNexus

@riipah error like andreoda at 19:13 CEST

10 days ago

riipah

Can you try to reproduce the error and make a note of the time when it happened. I couldn't reproduce it by changing just one song.

SLAVE.V-V-R1st・2nd・3rdアルバムまとめ買い格安コース

SLAVE.V-V-R feat. 結月ゆかり, 猫村いろは, SF-A2 開発コード miki
5 days ago

valenceon

Seems that it's getting a physical version too: https://weibo.com/5146173015/JeZWHxofv

Moments

Various artists
6 days ago

Horseplay

This one is old school Babuchan. Less screaming, less ear rape but still peppered with heavy riffs but that's fine because it mixes well.

Preface: My knowledge of music and its terminology is rather limited as my knowledge of it is not academically received and I don't care much for genre talks so I won't spend any time describing them.

Anyway, this one is an old favourite of mine from Babuchan. The tracks are wonderfully composed and atmospheric with few tracks seamlessly blend into one another. The instruments are varied with classical instruments, synths, and unconventional noises; all of which to create atmosphere and relay messages in the tracks more clearly. Although there are energetic pieces in this album, it's mostly somber and slow as the general theme is that of melancholy and dread.

As for Vocaloid manipulation, the vocal is well controlled such that the pitch may be high in some parts but it never tethers over to the point of annoyance. However, there's little sense producer's own personal touches in the Vocaloid other than than it's properly tuned and controlled. This is not necessarily a merit or a demerit, it's just something to note. If you are a fan of sweet and demure vocal, this album has it. If you are a fan of glitchy and distorted vocal, this album also has it. In some tracks it has a mixture of both.

This album has an exemplar track which is track number 5, 笑笑笑 or LOLOLOL. Now, I won't get into the lyrics since I think it's up for interpretation but my god, the track, the vocal and how it's composed together, it's unbeliveable. The playful piano notes, the vocal inflections, the rhythmic thumps, describe a sense of mocking. Like if the song is sung for someone it is sung to ridicule them. With the ridiculement slowly turning into threats. At 74 seconds, the track hits you with a crescendo and an allegro, it suddenly gets faster and louder for a brief period as your ears are flooded with an underworldy mixture of sounds. Yet in this morbid hamony I could find beauty and with it, enjoyment. But this is merely a tease to the climax. Then the track carry on, more energetic than before. At 2 minute mark, the song goes on a brief pause for 4 seconds where you hear nothing but haunting distorted noises and an excerpt from a music box. In the end, the song drops all pretense and proceed with its climax; a 43 second of catharsis. All of these parts combine together into one masterpiece. This is one of the tracks that I occasionally listen with my eyes closed. Because the track begs for my mind to visualise its sound and its excerpts, to give it form and story. And every time it does, images of an ambiguous crimson stageplay with prancing ballerinas is always there. In my honest opinion, this song is peak Babuchan as it is generally great, loopable, very atmospheric with a touch of dread in audio form.

All in all, great album. It gets big numbers from me. I don't loop it regularly but going back it at every once in a while always fills me with joy.

はじまりのおわり

ばぶちゃん feat. 初音ミク
6 days ago

mastercomplete95

More lyrics

おれの闘病日記

大丈夫P feat. 初音ミク
6 days ago

svks

The whole point of making a cover is to express your own vision of that particular song. To bring in new ideas as others have said, or reimagine a song completely – through different styles of music, arrangements, overall mood and so on. imo a good cover should be surprising for listener in various ways and using another (non-original) voicebank is only one of them.

6 days ago

GTP3

Ah nice I will also check Github then.

Thanks for the related service link. Seems promising.

Will check VocaVerse as well.

8 days ago

riipah

You can take a look at VocaDB GitHub. There's a long list of features people have requested.

Additionally, I had some ideas for related services based on the VocaDB platform.

I think there has been several attempts of that. I'm thinking that the general social platforms like Facebook and Amino are enough for the community. If you're interested in social websites then maybe ask VocaVerse if they have some need for improvements on their forums.

8 days ago

GTP3

Hey fellow men / women / * of culture

I'm an aspiring full stack dev that wants to get some practical experience and I love the Vocaloid community so I would like to give back by creating something. But I have no idea what you guys want ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So please just tell me what you think we're lacking as community. I for my part would like to have like a Vocaloid social network where artists and fans can exchange freely with customizable profiles. But then again I don't want to build something that only I enjoy. So please share your thoughts with me, the more outreagous the better haha. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

6 days ago

HatsuneMiku15

the video is cute

Gears of Love

CircusP feat. VY1V3
6 days ago

riipah

I updated the API, Vimeo embeds are working again.

8 days ago

riipah

There is some issue with Vimeo API. Vimeo embeds cannot be added. I think they have stopped supporting the API that VocaDB was using.

9 days ago

sangv

I've added the Vimeo link in the "Official links" section because I get an error while attempting to add it to the media section.

EDIT: I've also added an unfinished transcription of the lyrics contributed by a Reddit user.

MEMDMP

Lacto-Worm feat. 初音ミク
8 days ago

Mikuo_Leeksune002

Good stuff

RIFF

弦己P feat. 初音ミク
9 days ago

lilithpride

does anyone know where i can listen to this? i cant find it anywhere

Addicted Red

natsuP, SCL Project feat. various
9 days ago

yuffels

Link is dead. Anyone got a backup?

Sippy Cup

Yoyo - TheusP feat. Sweet Ann
10 days ago

lilithpride

underrated masterpiece

Melody Line(s)

SmileR feat. 初音ミク
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy