Recent comments

35 minutes ago

riipah

No, but here is a work item.

3 hours ago

SpaceZinnia

so, in song lists, you can add your own comments about the song in the description.

I have a few lists that make extensive use of descriptions - is there a way I can search for songs by their description, in a song list?

5 hours ago

riipah

No, but here is a work item.

23 hours ago

mi.chan

Can Piapro tags be mapped as well? It would be cool.

7 hours ago

SpaceZinnia

@VY2Yuma he has one! https://vocadb.net/Ar/67099

7 hours ago

VY2Yuma

I hope he get's a V5 Voicebank!!

9 hours ago

mi.chan

@zhantianzuo2018 This is strange. I can't find Cosmo's Midnight credited for this song anywhere other than at VNN and in this YouTube upload. It's exactly "Koto Hamana / Mes / KAIDO / Sadaharu Yagi / EDGAR / Hayao Konishi" everywhere else.

I did some googling and here's what I've found.
Koto Hamana (or 濱名琴) is usually credited with lyrics, Mes is a fandubber that sometimes helps producers with English lyrics for their songs, Sadaharu Yagi seems to be a sound engineer/composer, Hayao Konishi is a member of "out of survice", a composer/keyboardist. EDGAR (or Edgar Camey) is somehow affiliated with NewMonkeyStudio, and, judging by a post in his Facebook, he is a recording engineer. Couldn't find any info about KAIDO: his Discogs page is not informative at all, but on vgmdb page of the album we see the following:

M-03
Vocals: IA
Composer: KAIDO
Lyricist: Koto Hamana, Mes

(Note that there's no artist entry for KAIDO there)

So now we know for sure that KAIDO is the composer, Koto Hamana & Mes are lyricists (Jap & Eng respectively), which leaves us wondering as to what the other three had done. It would be logical to assume that Sadaharu Yagi was responsible for mastering, EDGAR oversaw recording and Hayao Konishi played keyboard.

Phew. ~~Case closed~~

(Well, this is the hard way, the easier one would be to ask someone who owns the album to look this up in the booklet :3)

20 hours ago

zhantianzuo2018

May I ask about the creater of this song ? I checked official website (http://1stplace.co.jp/works/specialized/ia04/#about) and it says "絶対領域 | Song by Koto Hamana / Mes / KAIDO / Sadaharu Yagi / EDGAR / Hayao Konishi", so...is "Cosmo's Midnight" equals "Koto Hamana / Mes ..." ?
ps:I 've just signed in......I am confused cuz I do found that data from here (vocadb.net) could be more accurate even than offical website. e.g. the song "ミライ", official website only said that "song by ATOLS", but at youtube ATOLS offcial, we can find out it's actually by ATOLS (as composer and lyricist) and 神無月P (as tuner), and here (https://vocadb.net/S/104650?albumId=24195), it accuratelly said that.

絶対領域

Cosmo's Midnight feat. IA English C (Unknown)
26 hours ago

80sroselemonade

made me feel nostalgic upon my first listen, it's been a couple years now and i still get that feeling.

blue world

ゼロ距離♥P feat. 初音ミク
43 hours ago

riipah

Even English Wikipedia says that sexual orientation regardless of romantic intent is enough to classify it as yuri. I updated the tag description.

3 days ago

mi.chan

I removed it because I didn't see anything suggestive in it. I mean, come on, it's not even about a romantic relationship ._.

3 days ago

gift

JP Wikipedia states that yuri genre fiction typically encompasses works about romantic relationships between women, as well as very close friendships with ambiguously romantic themes. A lot of works tagged with "yuri" here are very explicit about their themes, but this type of song would also be considered yuri.

3 days ago

riipah

Depends on the connotations for those terms. I don't know if there's differences between Japan and west. I guess here "yuri" is usually suggestive, but I'm not sure if it's limited to that. Maybe someone should translate Nico tag descriptions or NicoPedia?

3 days ago

andreoda

@zodiacrain I think the yuri and yaoi tag are meant for songs which are about such gender relationships, same with the "love" tag, it has nothing to do with them being suggestive or not, I don't get why @mi.chan removed the tag. If they are suggestive, you can add the "NSFW" tag as addition.

4 days ago

zodiacrain

Is the yuri tag meant for "suggestive" songs only? The tag description itself is pretty vague.

If the "yuri" tag is meant for any song about two women in love, rather than exclusively suggestive songs, I think it applies. According to the song translation on the Evillious Chronicles wiki, the singer even says "I am in love with you" to another woman.

2 days ago

SpaceZinnia

@BokaAnon sorry for the super late response, but if you're talking about the alias "Fuck You Santa Clause", it looks like it's from Vocaloid Wiki. IMO it's not really a good translation of the title

2 days ago

Shiroizu

@ayuumii, @SpaceZinnia - Those are all possible with with the API. Let me know the details if you want help.

2 days ago

SpaceZinnia

conversely, is it possible to merge two custom lists?

2 days ago

ayuumii

Is there an option to make a copy of a custom list without re-adding every song by hand?

2 days ago

goldenchild

about the entry report : https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21423202

2 days ago

andreoda

@goldenchild I think they are two different people, just using the same account, like a small team producing songs.
Edit: I worked a lot on their entries, it should be more clear now.

3 days ago

goldenchild

What's the difference with https://vocadb.net/Ar/5312 ? in this song there are different user names : https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm15985469 but the artists entries have common links.

2 days ago

SpaceZinnia

I have a question. is there any source for ero guro being more about despair and absurdity, as opposed to other definitions?

I tried to do some research on this, even aside from the Wikipedia article, but this is the only place (that I can find) that defines ero guro as plain despair/absurdity outside of a sexual or gory context.

3 days ago

goldenchild

could it be this song ? : https://vocadb.net/S/217117

3 days ago

SpaceZinnia

小さな聖夜の手紙 has been subbed

3 days ago

szg28

Lack of detailed information, names shown on Weibo that aren't in accord with PV...it's just so TIRESOME to figure out everything when almost nothing can be accessed.

秘密邮件

Various artists
3 days ago

andreoda

I removed the additional cover tag. It is not needed for songs which are already marked as cover.

4 days ago

Vocafan

Uh Isn't this supposed to be a cover?

人生は夢だらけ

霧島 feat. 逆音セシル
3 days ago

andreoda

@VocalNexus added, thanks for the info.

4 days ago

VocalNexus

Avaible at Itunes US, but i don't find a link for reference :/

ミライノカケラ

Ryosuke feat. 結月ゆかり
4 days ago

SpaceZinnia

@Riliane, when an album has alternate versions of a song, please make a new track for the derivative instead of adding the original song as a track. in addition, please add the vocalists to the album entry.

悪食娘コンチータ(改)

mothy feat. MEIKO, 鏡音レン, 鏡音リン
5 days ago

szg28

@ReZonafine
这种情况下的非英文名和英文名需分开。

平行四界 6

Various artists
5 days ago

SpaceZinnia

from the entry report:

this song has been deleted by the producer. we usually don't add deleted songs without good reason, such as the song being on an album or having existing derivatives.

6 days ago

riipah

Japanese have a little different understanding of what metal in general sounds like.

6 days ago

kah0922

I take it the people who tagged this as "death metal" have never actually listened to death metal.
Cause this ain't death metal.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

鬱P, MY SONG IS SHIT feat. various
6 days ago

SpaceZinnia

is there an appropriate tag for songs that aren't necessarily religious in and of themselves, but discuss or are otherwise related to religion? (for example, カルティック愛情 is about religious abuse, まさに・・・まさに・・・女神サマ!! is definitely related in some way to religion but is not a religious song itself)

7 days ago

comorebi_notes

@MoveForward Thank you for your kindness!

8 days ago

MoveForward

@comorebi_notes - I have merged the entries. Thank you!

8 days ago

comorebi_notes

Thank you! "comorebi notes" is new name of my circle, and "BIRUGE" is old name. If possible, and there is no problem, I want to merge them.

8 days ago

MoveForward

Alright, I just didn't want to merge the entries if Comorebi Notes was actually the name of a circle. If that doesn't seem to be the case, I can merge them.

8 days ago

Shiroizu

@MoveForward - Based on the identical links, yes.

8 days ago

MoveForward

Is BIRUGE and https://vocadb.net/Ar/67515 the same?

8 days ago

rm_

Also the Published date seems to be Nov 3 2018, not 06.11.2009.

8 days ago

MoveForward

@RenTheRipper - Original media refers to an official upload by the content creator. In this case, your cover should be in Original media, and the other video should not be in this entry. You can see the edit of this entry: https://vocadb.net/S/211056 as an example.

Es ~dirty aspiration~

Ren the Ripper feat. 鏡音レン V4X (Power), 鏡音リン V4X (Power)
8 days ago

SummerSnow

The mad man is back, and you can get most of his albums on bandcamp for only 1,500 yen at 80% off. Get it while you can.

8 days ago

Shiroizu

Looks like the album version (youtube upload) is a new/remastered version.

Edit: moved to https://vocadb.net/S/216611

未来へようこそ

青屋夏生 feat. 初音ミク Append (Sweet)
8 days ago

goldenchild

@gift , thank you for the checking.

8 days ago

gift

@goldenchild : "One More Cup of Honey Tea" is the official English title on KarenT (not a translation). The other one is an inaccurate direct translation of the Japanese title.

9 days ago

goldenchild

why is the english translation here so different from this one here : https://vocadb.net/S/61091 ?

紅茶と甘さと好きの分量

オレジナルP feat. 初音ミク
9 days ago

riipah

I don't know how useful those import tags are anymore considering you can import almost any voicebank to higher Vocaloid editor.

白い雪のプリンセスは

Makkusan feat. v flower
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy