Recent comments

6 hours ago

Mister_Tsar

About VEVO: In the end, it's an official account from VEVO's and YouTube's standpoint (and YT only verfies channels because of their high number of subscribers), but because it's not officially affiliated with Crypton, it cannot be considered as official by us. That's acceptable.
However, we could add it as a commercial link since it only promotes albums, but that's not necessary because it's just reprints.

7 hours ago

MoveForward

Added links to Crypton's entry for now.

I guess the VEVO could be a "real" one, but it's not operated by Crypton nor officially affiliated with Crypton as far as I know, and therefore is not official.

7 hours ago

Mister_Tsar

@MoveForward To me it seems more like it's operated by people who know as much about the Vocaloid scene as e.g. most Western journalists do, rather than a fake account. In fact, all they do is promoting real Vocaloid albums - as if they are hired by a label - by reprinting videos without having any knowledge of Vocaloid like actual Miku fans do ("VOCALOID, a division of Sega, Inc." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BceiskJHOE4 ). Then again, the odd, linked Miku VEVO page makes me question what the difference between a real and a fake VEVO account is. https://www.vevo.com/artist/hatsune-miku

8 hours ago

riipah

Even though they're branded for Miku, they're more associated for CFM, because they cover all Cryptonloids, not just Miku. The YouTube channel is there already. This page is locked to avoid edits when you're not absolutely sure what you're doing.

9 hours ago

Mister_Tsar

Since the page is locked, here are Miku's official SNS accounts by CFM, I would like to add:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cfm_miku_en
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwGWV914kBlV4dKRn7AEFA
YouTube VEVO: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnizRN2B3u_wDtgIhi765g
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/hatsunemikuofficial
Facebook (English): https://www.facebook.com/HatsuneMikuOfficialPage
Facebook (Japanese): https://www.facebook.com/cfm.miku/?ref=py_c
Also, adding Piapro.net to all Cryptonoid's pages would be a great reference. http://piapro.net/intl/en.html

7 hours ago

@MoveForward

I just talked with riipah again. He said I should just leave the parent tag as is so that the back-and-forth doesn't happen.

7 hours ago

@MoveForward

I just talked with riipah. He is the one that set the parent tag to metal, but then another user changed it to hardcore punk because he firmly believes it's more hardcore punk, but then I made my case saying it's more extreme metal or metal, so if I change the tag, he might change it back, and if he does, then it nullifies everything...

I'm stuck... >.<;;

7 hours ago

riipah

Looking at the edit history, the parent was "metal", until ekstrakter changed it in 2016. The way I see it, it can be either, but please settle on one parent and don't keep changing it back and forth.

7 hours ago

@MoveForward

Actually riipah just told me I have to bring hard evidence to support the case...

"Pioneering metalcore bands—such as Integrity, Earth Crisis and Converge,[2][3] all of which had formed by 1990—are described as leaning more toward hardcore, with their style sometimes being called metallic hardcore, whereas later bands—such as Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Bullet for My Valentine, and Parkway Drive—are described as leaning more towards metal."

(from wikipedia)

Until I hear the greenlight from him I don't think we'll be able to change it. That's fine. I tend to be a little too pedantic a lot of the times...

8 hours ago

MoveForward

@WintermintP - I think it's fine to change the parent. There doesn't seem to be any opposition, and there's a link to the current parent in the description.

8 hours ago

riipah

Only one tag parent is supported. You choose the parent tag that is the most relevant. The others can be added as related tags. But please don't add the parent tag as related tag, because that's redundant.

8 hours ago

@MoveForward

I only updated the description in case the mods would be furious over me changing the parent tag, but I do feel extreme metal would be the more suitable parent.

27 hours ago

@MoveForward

I'd say so myself, yes. When people say metalcore, they immediately think metal, not hardcore punk. As a metalcore artist myself, I can definitely say this firsthand. But then post-hardcore can also be a metal genre depending on what kind of post-hardcore it is...

27 hours ago

MoveForward

@WintermintP - As far as I know, tags can only have one parent.
Would extreme metal be a more suitable parent than hardcore punk?

27 hours ago

@MoveForward @monds

Er... shouldn't this tag have multiple parents? I know for a fact that it's more of a child tag of extreme metal than hardcore punk though.

Oh? monds is Canadian? I'm Canadian too! XD

7 hours ago

riipah

Because tuning it in a certain way doesn't make it a new voicebank... VocaDB was not made for tracking fanmade derivatives. End of story.

23 hours ago

rm_

VocaDB artist entries are intended to track voicebanks, not characters

If not only the appearance differs, but also the voice, then it is more than just a visual character. Nobody is adding Sakura Miku as a vocalist :) But if this sounds consistently different and credited by artists under a specific name, there will be both fans of that, and fans of the base VB not wanting any of that (in terms of following the artists and song search). Why not just recognize these as a thing that exists, and say, make an artist category for "Fanmade derivative"?

credited for those names

If you check the song this was added for, it's a trio of Haku/Neru/Dell. Making that credit Haku, Neru and ...Len(???) instead, with a "Honne Dell" tag, would look super weird, it's like going an extra mile and a half just to not have an entry for Dell.

31 hours ago

riipah

Personally I'm not a huge fan of those artist entries for Haku and Neru either. VocaDB artist entries are intended to track voicebanks, not characters. Characters are better tracked with tags. Those artist entries for Haku and Neru have remained because they're so often credited for those names, so there's some justification at least.

36 hours ago

rm_

Please, let's keep fanloids as their own artists. For instance this doesn't really sound like Len, and I while follow the Len artist I would not neccessarily want to also get songs by only vaguely similar derivatives in my feed -- with no easy way to opt out. There is not "follow WHERE artist=abc AND NOT tagged as def or ghi or jkl".

Besides, we have Haku and Neru, but Dell doesn't get an entry -- why? It's all on the same level. Just because there's only one song here, but YouTube search "Honne Dell" => about 36500 results.

41 hours ago

MoveForward

@revoltingly - I would say yes, and with the Honne Dell tag added once it's created.

42 hours ago

revoltingly

ah thats my bad for adding this then. thought there might have been more songs with him. should he be changed in the entry to len's voicebank then?

9 hours ago

WintermintP

I don't want to sound picky either but this feels too grindcore or some other genre to be melodic metalcore. Melodic metalcore is definitely one of the metalcore-related genres that are more melodic and less aggressive-sounding compared to other metalcore-related genres. It sounds like grindcore, it sounds a bit like deathcore, it sounds like thrash metal, it sounds like post-hardcore a little bit, but something feels amiss and because of that this wouldn't really strike me as melodic metalcore.

I don't have anything against songs that are not from me being tagged as melodic metalcore but this one in particular feels a little too off to be melodic metalcore per se. I should also mention that there aren't as many melodic instruments playing as typical melodic metalcore would.

Another thing, mature themes in lyrics like this one is definitely deathcore/grindcore/death/black territory. In melodic metalcore you wouldn't have that. Ever. In melodic metalcore, the lyrics can get political, but it would never be about mature themes like this one. Melodic deathcore is still a thing, although there isn't a wikipedia page for it for some reason, but this would be more like that than melodic metalcore.

9 hours ago

Zep

Don't wanna sound picky but this is definitely not J-Core

thumb

オトナのオモチャ

鬱P feat. 鏡音リン
13 hours ago

mi.chan

@Zep Judging from the lyrics, I think "scarecrow" is more appropriate.

15 hours ago

Zep

Would it be translated with Scarecrow or with Kakashi (fem. Given name)

thumb

私、案山子。

あめのむらくもP feat. GUMI
13 hours ago

mi.chan

@goldenchild Yes, they were.

33 hours ago

goldenchild

If http://vocadb.net/Al/2176 is in his mylist, can't it be a duplicate of : http://vocadb.net/Ar/5592 ?

13 hours ago

Arisa_Hana

Beautiful~

thumb

Dear, My Lord

regulus feat. 巡音ルカ V4X (SOFT)
14 hours ago

Shiroizu

AFAIK the "vevo" channel is not an official one, so the upload here shouldn't be marked as "official" either.

thumb

Satisfaction

kz feat. 初音ミク
16 hours ago

Shiroizu

@fureonnerd - I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but If the songs are different they should have separate entries.

19 hours ago

fureonnerd

@shiroizu Yes, I agree with you, but this situation seems like Solar System Disco - http://vocadb.net/S/129109 In Don 2 Music album - another version of this song, but it is still included in the album.

20 hours ago

Shiroizu

@fureonnerd - It seems to be an another version, based on the video description. This one should probably be changed to a remix song type and linked to the other song.

21 hours ago

fureonnerd

This song from album MONOCOLOR GIRL SUPERNOVA, isn't it?

thumb

バラバラココロ

かいりきベア feat. v flower
17 hours ago

Shiroizu

The kanji looks correct, it seems to translate to the "Ghast Tear".

26 hours ago

MoveForward

Might be ガストの涙? I think sometimes the "dash" seen at the top of this kanji is sometimes written as a bar/straight line in different formats for kanji, which threw me off at first.

31 hours ago

riipah

I'm gonna need help with the 1st track title. ガストの ... something

LIVECRAFTER -Songs of Ghast-

キセノンP, XM -Xenon Maiden- feat. 結月ゆかり
17 hours ago

Mister_Tsar

@Zep According to the VOCALOID wiki article I added, it actually is related to the novel.
I also added both English titles.

18 hours ago

Zep

Jisho translates the title with "No Longer Human" which is a novel.

thumb

人間失格

Neru feat. 鏡音レン, 鏡音リン
21 hours ago

Zep

Miki screamo sounds very nice xD

thumb

Cyberwaste

SHEBA feat. SF-A2 開発コード miki
31 hours ago

riipah

I suppose? I don't know if there's a better term for these store/product collaborations.

40 hours ago

MoveForward

Does this include game collaborations (like songs that were created for an app collaboration)?
Like this, as an example.

33 hours ago

Gandeloft

This album is one of the greatest points of beauty for my life.

33 hours ago

mi.chan

Regarding the report:

Cannot found album オーバープレイ, リベンジダイアリー, 夢のしりとり, Overdrive Network, and song before 17. These data should be delete. [...]

What do you mean by not being able to find them? Why should they be deleted? Could you register and explain more specifically?

35 hours ago

@MoveForward

Again, though, as far as my songs are concerned, this is the only one that has the language tag, so I do feel at least something needs to be done about that, whatever it may be...

42 hours ago

MoveForward

@WintermintP - When I say "mostly English", I mean that as the mininum criteria for adding the tag.The song is "at least mostly X language" (maybe all in X language or 70% X language, for example) as this is the criteria I use for adding the tag.

This Game

WintermintP feat. 初音ミク V4 (English)
40 hours ago

Shiroizu

@Raichu - It seems it's based on the publish date of the soundcloud upload.

40 hours ago

Raichu

how did you determine the publication date?

thumb

アドベントチルドレン

アンメルツP feat. 鏡音リン Append (Power), 鏡音レン Append (Power)
40 hours ago

Mister_Tsar

If anyone is wondering why I "attend" Miku's birthdays - I celebrate them FOR REAL! Since 2015, it's the most special day in a year for me, even more special than my own birthday. (Last time I even had a real leek. lol)

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.