Recent comments

3 minutes ago

redmilarcid

Is it okay to submit another version of the song like this?

thumb

レグルス

ナユタン星人 feat. sou
2 hours ago

Umbreon126

Ahh, I didn't notice that they didn't have entries...

The link for 靈風 is definitely right; they've posted resources in the video comments. There is also 数恶之源. I can't say anything about zbh00.

20 hours ago

Nefere

@mi.chan I think I found other two: zbh00's and 靈風's accounts on Bilibili - both of them have the song listed on the profiles (as liked songs? or in playlists?). I'm not familliar with bilibili and chinese at all, it would be nice if someone could verify them. @Umbreon126 ?

20 hours ago

riipah

Voice manipulator and animator aren't that important, but having an entry for the composer would be preferable (sorry, can't help with that)

21 hours ago

mi.chan

None of them is present in the database :/ It's not right.

33 hours ago

Umbreon126

It looks OK to me.

34 hours ago

mi.chan

Stuck with artists, help ;___;

thumb

SINK▼下坠

靈風, zbh00, 灵梦P feat. 洛天依
4 hours ago

Umbreon126

It should be consistent, at the very least.

4 hours ago

pillowMM

Am I right in thinking that the translation should be "Planet Room", just like the first song?

thumb

プラネタルーム / 茜射す

SWANTONE, 作り手, Kusemono feat. 初音ミク
13 hours ago

goldenchild

Funny profile pic XD !

13 hours ago

Alice_39

My bad upload it twice

14 hours ago

riipah

@Alice_39: I removed the additional picture you added, because it seems that it was the same as the (main) cover picture.

thumb

COLOR*FULL

*Luna, びび feat. various
13 hours ago

riipah

It's okay, don't worry, just keep that in mind in the future.

13 hours ago

Alice_39

@riipah: i am so sorry, my bad

14 hours ago

riipah

@Alice_39: the description is copied from NicoNicoDouga? In general we recommend against copy-pasting artist's description. The field is more like intended for explaining details about the song, without anything extra.

thumb

Tender Rain

はるまきごはん feat. 初音ミク
36 hours ago

riipah

I wouldn't want to use the same tag just because it's the same name, maybe not even style. IMO the answer depends on how similar Miku V4X soft EVEC and Luka V4X soft EVEC really are.

36 hours ago

MoveForward

I think it may be beneficial in the case rm_ gives. On the other hand, solo songs are probably more common, which would mean we wouldn't have to have the voice colors separate. So, I guess maybe it depends on if we want few tags that get the point across, or a tag for the different recordings (as riipah explains).

38 hours ago

Pxndragon

@riipah : Then is there even a point to separating them by VOCALOID (i.e. Luka EVEC Soft or Miku EVEC Soft)? Vocaloid Wiki's chart doesn't distinguish them.
Even though I spent a lot of time making all of the individual tags identical, maybe I should make them generic. The specific voicebank can be mentioned in the description. EVEC isn't used as much as say Appends or voicebanks.

38 hours ago

riipah

I don't think that's the question here. EVECs are specific to a particular voicebank. It was just about the naming/style: if a soft EVEC for two VBs could be indicated with the same tag, even though they're different recordings.

38 hours ago

Pxndragon

I'm not an expert on E.V.E.C., nor do I own a V4X VOCALOID, but from looking at the website and Wiki article, I believe E.V.E.C. is not a plug-in or program. It seems to be an additional recording by the voice provider and developers to allow artists to have more control over the sound and emotive qualities of the output.
I'm 90% sure that it cannot be used for other VOCALOIDs with E.V.E.C. compatibility because even within one VOCALOID, such as Kagamine Rin/Len, only a certain voicebank allows E.V.E.C. Voice Color to be utilized--Power. That implies that there needs to be specific conditions for it to work. Thus, different tags.

44 hours ago

riipah

Soft might be vastly different for Miku and Luka though, so I think it's better to have them as separate.

rm_

I guess what @Shiroizu meant was is there really a need to have separate "Luka E.V.E.C. Soft" & "Miku E.V.E.C. Soft" tags, or maybe better just have a general "E.V.E.C. Soft" tag, which could be set to both Luka and Miku songs -- after all you already see if it's Luka or Miku from the "Artists" data of the song. But I guess then the tricky part comes if Luka and Miku duet in such a song, and with a general "E.V.E.C. Soft" tag it will not be clear to which of the vocalists it's meant to apply.

Shiroizu

@Pxndragon - I see, makes sense.

My concern was the maintainability of the tags (taking the tag usage in account), but I think it's fine because voicebank-related tags are (very) relevant to the site's focus.

Pxndragon

@Shiroizu : You'll have to elaborate. I don't quite understand what you mean by 'vocalist info'. E.V.E.C. Voice Colors are add-ons to the voicebank, but are not an actual voicebank.

The voicebanks that can be added to are specified based on each Voice Color. For example: Rin and Len's Power and Soft Voice Colors can only be applied their Power voicebank, whereas Miku's Soft and Power Voice Colors can be used for only her Original, Soft, and Solid voicebanks.

Shiroizu

@Pxndragon - Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the vocalist info already present as an artist (vocaloid) entry?

Pxndragon

@Shiroizu : It could be useful information, like identifying a specific voice bank used. Of course it is not as widely used or disclosed, but I personally don't see an issue. riipah gave me permission to make all of these tags in this thread.

Shiroizu

Is there a point for having separate E.V.E.C tags for different vocaloids?

Luka E.V.E.C. Soft / Miku E.V.E.C. Soft for example.

36 hours ago

riipah

Yes, originally there was only a tag for Act1. Usually it's more important to tag the rarer case. Act1 songs should definitely be tagged. Act2 isn't so important because it's the default (but it's still useful for those special cases).

38 hours ago

Pxndragon

@riipah : Then is the implication that tagging songs with Act1 alright? Because Act1 is rarer and less used, I see merit in it.

Edit: Also, I found a good example of a remaster of a song that originally used Act1 and then remade with Act2. Here is the original and here is the remaster.

43 hours ago

MoveForward

Alright, that works!

44 hours ago

riipah

It's different from the EVEC tags though. The artist always has to use either Act 1 or 2. For most songs we know that they used Act 2. Meanwhile, not all songs use EVEC. In fact, probably majority of the songs with V4X VBs don't use any EVEC.

I think it should be treated the same as the Vocaloid engine tags:
* When both Act 1 and Act 2 versions exist for the same song (not sure if there's any).
* For songs demonstrating Act 2.

46 hours ago

MoveForward

I think it can be used how we are using the E.V.E.C Voice Color tags. Add this tag when a user specifies it is act2 (but also on demos). If it's not specified, we don't have to worry about it.

Pxndragon

@riipah : This comment is over a year old, but it does bring up a good point. Should the tag only be used for demo songs, like the Vocaloid1, Vocaloid2, etc. tags?

47 hours ago

goldenchild

@TiGi : you're making songs, even covers, so it's producer, not other individual : http://wiki.vocadb.net/wiki/23/artist-types#Music-producers

Steph_16

Como podría descargar el album???

thumb

Until The End Of The World

BERNIS, Digital Logics feat. 初音ミク

Mei_Saime

Here is a very great translation by Ti-Pai!

ayuumii

@Pxndragon Lol it's fine, mistakes happen. (I had already added it back before I saw your edit.)

Pxndragon

@ayuumii : Oh, so they're separate entities? I thought it was a duplicate - my bad! You could add it back, but it's not terribly necessary.

ayuumii

@Pxndragon They're both official, so I included them both. But yes, they're the same.

Pxndragon

@ayuumii : Are the two YouTube PVs the same? Is so, one should be removed

thumb

産声

きくお feat. 初音ミク

Pxndragon

@Mei_Saime : Again, please remove the original producers from your entry.

Hitoshizuku-P and Yama did not participate in the creation of this cover, so crediting them is unnecessary and even considered malpractice. You should not link your covers with the original artists' pages, unless they contributed in some way, such as making the UST or mixing your cover.

leweus

@riipah: ok, i will from now on, thank you for the info.

riipah

@leweus: whenever you change voicebanks, if it's not obvious, you should explain in the edit notes how you got the information (saying you can hear it is fine).

thumb

Get along

上杉しゅう feat. 音街ウナ Spicy

riipah

@Mei_Saime: "manager" and "character designer" roles only need to be specified if they're different from voice provider and illustrator.

Yuniku

Bless the person who added Yuan Xiao already and also added all of her orginal songs she has until now 🙏

I hope people would care more about sharpkey but since I do not know chinese it would be hard for me to add this kind of stuff so I am glad somebody else does

3 days ago

riipah

I formalized the criteria for a complete song entry on the wiki. I split your original criteria into "mandatory criteria" and "recommended criteria". Most importantly, I would recommend waiting at least a week before marking a new entry approved. Usually if the song is going to be reuploaded, uploaded to other services or translated, it happens during the first weeks. If even after multiple months there's no lyrics translations, then it's ok to mark it as approved. Having uploads on two or more services would be preferable, but not mandatory.

3 days ago

riipah

Yes, that's fine. Let me know if you find any other albums like this.

3 days ago

goldenchild

Right , few words in the description will be enough...

3 days ago

riipah

Not possible, and I think that many players wouldn't support such curiosity either, so I don't think it makes sense to implement it here.

thumb

Arpeggio5.10

Various artists
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.