Recent comments

9 hours ago

riipah

I have an idea about instrumental albums. What if it was possible to mark albums as "unlisted", so that they wouldn't show up in searches? Unlisted albums would show up in a tab on the artist page, and possibly on the search page with a special search option to include unlisted albums. In general the songs should be added as custom tracks (with no song entry). Indexing albums is more important than individual songs in my opinion.

As an alternative I suggest submitting the instrumental albums on Discogs or Musicbrainz (by the way, Musicbrainz recently added VocaDB as a whitelisted external source). These are generic music databases with no specific focus. They also have good programming interfaces (APIs), so it's possible to show information from the other site, similar to how we're showing some extra song information from UtaiteDB.

14 hours ago

KyuTurtle

@Sawneek if this is your entry you can request verification here: http://vocadb.net/User/RequestVerification

15 hours ago

riipah

In general it's not our business. It depends on the amount of influence. Not talking about just VocaDB, but in general taking melody, maybe parts of the lyrics is ok. Taking majority of the song without crediting the original song is considered plagiarism and generally isn't ok, and may lead to copyright claims for the artist. If the song is obviously copied from the other song, then I wouldn't add it here. We have had cases where songs have turned out to be plagiarized and were taken down because of that. But I mean, it would have to be pretty obvious.

As for this particular song, listening to both songs, they do sound similar, but I'm not so sure it could be called plagiarism. I'm sure there's many songs similar to this.

18 hours ago

mallowfluff

@Shiroizu I see! I think it should have been stated by the producer though considering how the entire refrain is almost the same in melody and text.

30 hours ago

Shiroizu

@mallowfluff - We don't usually mention the influences and the usage of musical ideas here unless the songs are really similar. When that is the case, a mention in the song description is generally enough.

30 hours ago

mallowfluff

Shouldn't anyone call him out for the blatant plagiarism of Jessie J's Domino?

3 days ago

jakegaslamp

@Jorro_Treul I'm sure it won't be his last chance!

3 days ago

jakegaslamp

@Jorro_Treul Yes, a real shame, especially since YusukeKira deserves more attention beyond the Western fandom, at the very least, seeing it join the contest would have been fair.

3 days ago

Jorro_Treul

It is VERY good, and it's a HUGE shame it didn't place in the Magical Mirai contest (even though it deserved to win 1st) @Raichu @jakegaslamp

Magical Night

YusukeKira feat. 初音ミク V4 (English)
19 hours ago

rm_

@Urajimiiru you are changing song names romanization to a way that is wrong by http://wiki.vocadb.net/wiki/1/romanization-guidelines. "Loanwords are Romanized into their original language. コーヒー would be Romanized as ‘coffee’." Hence, not "Goojasu Biggu", but just Gorgeous Big. Not "Kauntaa" but just Counter. From a quick glance, other entries with the same change from you: http://vocadb.net/S/46498 http://vocadb.net/S/43600 http://vocadb.net/S/156731, maybe others, so it would be nice if you could remember other entires and fix them back to the proper form. Also romanization is unnecessary when the song name is loanwords entirely - http://vocadb.net/S/443

ゴージャスビッグ対談

ピノキオP, 鬱P, あるふぁ feat. 初音ミク Append (Dark), 初音ミク Append (Solid)
24 hours ago

OnlyMyBlackScore

本尊(咸鱼)路过.jpg

2 days ago

Nefere

I think it's true? He stated on pixiv account from the entry that (user/2613315 と同一人物です) ("a second account" is the same person). Also, the twitter linked with second account have a pinned tweet about how he made a illustration which appeared on first pixiv account and posted two photos with items from this entry's booth. It looks like these accounts are actually managed by one person.

I don't know why he made two pixiv accounts (second account have stored older drawings though) - I assume ge started to make portfolio with higher quality artwork.

2 days ago

goldenchild

https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2613315 is it his second account ?

2 days ago

rm_

One more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1icrKIICce4 by http://vocadb.net/Ar/58478
Personally I prefer the way that one sounds over this version.

JonathanMDful feat. LUMi
3 days ago

mi.chan

@BirdyThePhoenix What is the reasoning behind
1) replacing already existing romanization with other version;
2) changing the source link for original lyrics?
I would appreciate if you cleared it up for me.

夜の欠片

虹原ぺぺろん feat. 氷山キヨテル V4 Natural, 氷山キヨテル V4 Rock
3 days ago

Samuel

By convention in haiku poetry, the dragonfly is an autumn kigo (季語) so 終わりなき蜻蛉 should be translated "endless autumn". However, BungaP (or the guys at KarenT) translated this song title as "Endless Summer" for the western release so that's quite puzzling.

終わりなき蜻蛉の夢

Radio tidaltail feat. 初音ミク
3 days ago

Samuel

Thanks a lot @Nefere good catch! And I see that you also have updated his profile so perfect :)

6 days ago

Nefere

@Samuel Here you are - the name is 田中秀俊. I got it from サクハナ チルハナ back cover image posted on Toranoana.

6 days ago

Samuel

Humble request to any owner of BungaP's physical albums: Would it be possible to have his name written in Japanese? I'm pretty sure Tanaka is written 田中 which is fairly common, but I have a very hard time guessing his first name given the numerous ways of writing Hidetoshi.

4 days ago

KyuTurtle

@S1ND3R3 if this is your entry, you can request verification here: http://vocadb.net/User/RequestVerification

4 days ago

rm_

Simply majestic -- perhaps the best cover of this song with Len (or ties for top-1 with Polygon-P's for me) -- and with a high quality 60 FPS PV too.

Tell Your World

ディーバP feat. 鏡音レンV4X (Unknown)
4 days ago

Hissori

Sounds like producer only used her for humming.

5 days ago

STERN

inst ? Miku ?

ラウラウ

平田義久 feat. 初音ミク
4 days ago

riipah

Yes, like that, thanks.

5 days ago

szg28

@riipah
How about this?

5 days ago

Hissori

I noticed it today, too. I think it's redundant, especially when it comes to albums and songs, we might be better off deleting it.

5 days ago

riipah

I've been thinking about deleting this tag, or at least preventing it from being used for any new entries. The reason is, most new Vocaloids are upgrades to existing voices, and most new voices are released with multiple variations ("appends"). When a tag becomes the "default" it's no longer useful. There's also a filter for "derived voicebank" which is mostly the same, but automatic.

5 days ago

jakegaslamp

@musono

Chinatown Blues

RoBKTA feat. V3 GUMI (English), Karma Wears White Ties
5 days ago

riipah

@szg28: would you mind creating an event entry for this? (for concerts such as this, event should be the primary source of info)

5 days ago

szg28

Well...it seems that arguments regarding the livestream platform has broken out. Too bad that I missed the part of Zhiyu Moke and Mo Qingxian.

5 days ago

123

I'm unsure about the voicebank(s) used in this. The Twitter and Youtube tags say both "VOCALOID" and "CeVIO", so I assume it's these two, but I don't hear ONE. Will be on the lookout for official confirmation.

潜水島

out of service feat. IA, ONE
6 days ago

riipah

Romanized name was provided by the artist, so using that case for the Romanized name would've been ok. But it's better to have it like this for both names, thanks. As for the translation, it's enough that you told how you got it. In the future, if it's not obvious how you got the translation, and you used a dictionary, it would be great if you could mention that when editing. Someone might come up with a better/more accurate translation. With that disclaimer, the translation can remain there.

6 days ago

Hertan3

@riipah Alright, thanks, I wasn't too sure which case to use and ended up going for that which the artist used. I tried translating myself with my dictionary because it looked fairly simple (but I'm no expert). I can take it down if you'd like

7 days ago

riipah

@Hertan3: song titles (English and Romanized) should use Title Case. In this case it's ok to use the original case because it's provided by the artist, but the translations should be changed. Did you translate it yourself by the way? You know Japanese?

罪を選ぶ者たち

夕方 feat. 闇音レンリ
6 days ago

Electric_A

the song is in Japanese and English; no indication about Eng/Jap vocaloid, so I'm not sure. don't know how MN English sounds.

朝焼けの金星

ピンポン feat. V4 マクネナナ (English), V4 マクネナナ ナチュラル
7 days ago

riipah

And please pay attention to the concurrent editing warning. Somehow you removed Miku from the album twice. Please re-add it.

7 days ago

riipah

@Cinzya: could you check the release date though. 1995 can't be possible. It should be the date when the album was sold.

7 days ago

jakegaslamp

@Cinzya Don't worry, we are both in VNN (where you do some amazing work by the way), so you can contact me on Facebook.
You might want to be gentle if yourself, editing albums is an unforgiving task in my humble opinion. XD Adding songs can be a good training ground or looking at completed song or album pages by yours truly.
If you are ever in need of help, don't worry about contacting me.

7 days ago

Cinzya

@jakegaslamp
ahh, thank you for your help. I'm new to VocaDB so be gentle with me when I'm a bit clumsy xD

7 days ago

jakegaslamp

@Cinzya
Hey!! Finished this just for you!! (well... Except the undisclosed information) It will help you for future album edits!!
Thanks for your edits and have a nice day!! It's nice to see a fellow VNN user!! ^w^

REWIND 93' Dokomi Edition

BIGHEAD, RYOTA YOSHIZUMI feat. 初音ミク, 初音ミク V4 (English)
7 days ago

rm_

The bit from 1:10 is trully remarkable :)

Time and Limit

ヒダリガワすらっしゅ feat. 鏡音レン Append (Unknown)
8 days ago

riipah

I wonder if it's really just English Miku.

Calypso Train

AlexTrip Sands feat. 初音ミク V4 (English)
8 days ago

riipah

If you really want your old persona forgotten I don't understand why do you keep the old channels on YouTube? Because sooner or later someone may re-add those here.

8 days ago

Pigeon

@kyuturtle I don't want my old information here, since there wouldn't be anyone looking for me. I'll add that I don't go by those names anymore, thank you!
I've applied for verification but I wasn't wearing glasses, I added little messages in my bios to verify and wrote the wrong date, I doubt it'll be accepted.

Thank you again! Changed to third person :D

8 days ago

KyuTurtle

@Pigeon depending on whether or not you want your old info here, it will still be accessible, and if not, it's still possible to see it through the revision notes. it'd be good to have your old name as an alias so that it'd be easier for people to find you (and to perhaps mention in the description that you don't go by that name anymore?), but if you'd prefer that the name isn't on here, that's ok. also, you should have the description in 3rd person.

by the way, you can request verification for your entry here: http://vocadb.net/User/RequestVerification

8 days ago

KyuTurtle

@LittleBear87 if this is your entry, you can request verification here: http://vocadb.net/User/RequestVerification

9 days ago

Shiroizu

Couldn't find any confirmation whether this is 亀田誠治 (Seiji Kameda).

9 days ago

Shiroizu

@Electric_A - I think only the most common tags on nico have dictionary entries.

It seems clear that the producer uses the P-name (イソジンP), so I added it to the entry.

9 days ago

Electric_A

on the twitter the person is designated as 猫アレルギー(イソジンP), the songs in mylist have a tag イソジンP, but there is no description for this tag

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.